Monday, July 23, 2007

Welcome to my "Wish Hymnal"

This is a blog for me (Leland Bryant Ross aka Ros' Haruo) to list, dissect and discuss the songs that I wish were in the hymnal. Many of them already are, but often with the wrong tune or poorly redacted text or without my favorite verses, etc., etc.

Someday I would like to try my hand at hymnal compilation, actually publish one that is, but for now, it's what the indigenous Australians call the dreamtime...

Please note that there is a post ("What About..." where you can list the hymns I have forgotten to include, and of course I welcome pertinent feedback on the ones I've posted on.

When posting on recent (basically, post-1920) hymns, please respect copyrights. If you can get permission to cite lyrics, do so.

At the moment there's no provision here for posting tunes. Hopefully that will eventually change; of course, you can always post a link to the tune MIDI or PDF or whatever at The Cyber Hymnal or the like.

Leland ... or is it Haruo

PS This is basically an English-language blog about mostly English-language hymns. If you know Esperanto and have something to say about Esperanto-language hymns, please post to Himnoj kaj himnologio. Posts about hymns in languages other than English and Esperanto should generally be in one language or the other and be posted in the appropriate blog. If your comment is in a language other than English or Esperanto, put it in whichever blog seems best to you. I can always move it if I disagree...

No comments: